Opportunities for cooperation
For clients coming from the economy (development-oriented companies, manufacturing companies, sole traders) and non-economy, we provide support in the development of environmentally friendly products, services and projects, and we produce:
- LCA analyses,
- organisational, product and project carbon footprints,
- Sustainability reports,
- decarbonisation plans …,
- for optimisation, benchmarking, customer reporting, owner reporting, carbon neutrality, eco-labelling and other purposes.
Our expertise in the field of environmental protection is interdisciplinary, which is a comparative advantage and enables us to produce diverse and comprehensive expert reports, programmes, development plans and other environmental studies.
For clients coming from the economy (companies, sole traders, planners) and non-economy (municipalities, regional development agencies, ministries), we produce:
- Environmental Impact Reports,
- environmental reports,
- appendices for the assessment of the acceptability of plans and interventions in nature in protected areas,
- reports on the state of the environment,
- municipal environmental protection programmes,
- other environmental studies.
We carry out systematic surveys of wildlife, especially ungulates and amphibians, as part of scientific research, targeted research and commercial projects.
Market projects of interest to target clients (e.g. Directorate for Infrastructure of the Republic of Slovenia, Highways Company of the Republic of Slovenia, designers or planners of transport infrastructure) include:
- monitoring the effectiveness of deterrent installation on national roads,
- deterring poachers from motorways and expressways,
- monitoring of amphibians on selected sections of national roads.
The above projects contribute to reducing the depredation of ungulates (roe deer, red deer, wild boar) and amphibians, contribute to improving driver safety and allow better planning and implementation of measures to reduce depredation.
In recent years, the faculty’s research work has also included environmental issues related to microplastics.
In the framework of various projects:
- studying the presence of intentionally added microplastics in consumer products (e.g. cosmetics, cleaning products,…),
- developing environmental sampling methodologies for the analysis of large microplastics (e.g. water bodies,…),
- explore the possibilities of extracting plastic components from different samples.
In a modern laboratory we can:
- prepare samples for microplastics analysis using a variety of techniques and methods,
- determine the presence of microplastics in different environmental samples by optical microscopy,
- identify a wide range of plastic components using modern FT-IR spectrometry.
We offer young people:
- theoretical training,
- practical workshops in the field and in the laboratory,
- organising summer schools,
- accessible online materials.